The Estate & Trust Department provides independent, objective advice to clients allowing them to protect their assets and meet their financial goals. With a comprehensive understanding of evolving tax regulations and the obligations of trusts and estates, we recommend planning options to supplement or improve a client’s estate planning, understand the effect on beneficiaries, and keep our clients in compliance.
Wright Ford Young & Co. is always looking for experienced professionals to join our audit, tax and estates & trust departments! If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning Consultant (Remote or In-Office)
Role and Responsibilities
- Wright Ford Young is one of the only large local CPA firms in Orange County with a dedicated Estates and Trusts department. You will work as part of the Planning Team on client counseling in advanced tax and estate planning.
- You will learn the law and best tax and estate planning strategies, review key tax and estate planning reports, update checklists/forms.
- You will review high-net-worth client estates and plan documents, flag key planning opportunities, updates, etc.
- You will meet directly with clients, their CPAs, and other advisors to provide tax and estate planning strategies and recommendations.
- You will work with the Diligence Coordinator to complete client diligence, files, and deliverables.
- You will assist the Planning Team, CPAs, clients, and their advisors with planning materials and documents.
- You will help the Planning Team, CPAs, clients, and their advisors execute and follow-through on planning projects and tasks.
- You will report directly to the Senior Planning Consultant from whom you will receive training and instruction.
- You will have productivity bonuses and no billable hour requirement!
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have a law degree and a minimum five (5) years’ experience in estate planning.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent administrative skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must possess a high level of integrity, discretion, and
- Must be self-motivated to produce and excel with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Must have the ability to learn new software with minimal assistance.
- Experience in advanced tax and irrevocable trust planning, family partnerships, and foundations a plus.
Wright Ford Young & Co. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Watch our Life at Wright Ford Young & Co. and hear from employees on what it’s like working at WFY: https://youtu.be/viB9MeTKnPA