Today, the IRS launched a portal specifically focusing around the Economic Impact Payment. The portal is designed for taxpayers to check the status of their stimulus payment, set up direct deposit, and more. Click here to visit the Economic Impact Payment Direct Deposit portal.
When clicking the “Get My Payment” button, taxpayers will be able to:
- Get their payment status
- Confirm their payment type (direct deposit or check)
- Other information if needed, such as their bank account information
Taxpayers who want to accelerate the process of receiving their payment must add their bank account information and provide the following information:
- Their AGI from their most recent tax return filed, either 2019 or 2018
- The refund or amount owed from their latest filed tax return
- Bank account type, account and routing numbers.
When clicking the “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here” button, taxpayers who have not filed their 2018 or 2019 federal income tax return and their gross income didn’t exceed $12,200 will be able to:
- Enter your current information such as your name, current mailing address, bank account information, and more
- Find out if you’re eligible for an Economic Impact Payment
If you need more information on COVID-19 resources for your business and employees, click here.