Wright Ford Young & Co. (WFY) was founded by Robert Wright in 1973, and has been serving clients throughout the United States from our office located in Irvine, California. We have 11 partners, 65 professional staff and a total employment of approximately 90 people. WFY is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and the California Society of Certified Public Accountants. We are a Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) registered firm and have completed our 2018 peer review with a clean opinion and no comments noted.
As our clients’ needs expanded over the years, Wright Ford Young & Co. rose to meet them and developed our service areas into one of the largest full-service mezzanine accounting firms in Orange County. Our strengths include financial statement audits and reviews; tax planning and compliance; audit defense and strategies; employee benefit plan audits; estate and trust services; employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) structuring; merger and acquisition consulting; divestiture analysis and negotiation; and management advisory services.
Our core industry competencies include real estate, construction, manufacturing, distribution, hospitality, food, restaurants, leasing, foundations, and professional service firms. We also personally serve the majority of the owners of our business clients. Our clients are typically small to mid sized closely held companies and family business owners with revenues up to $300 million, both nationally and internationally, with operations or activities in almost every state in the United States. We have found that many of our clients have turned to us when they struggle with the feeling that they have outgrown their small practice CPA, or when they feel under served by their current accounting firm.
- We are the largest single office full service accounting firm in Orange County.
- We are one of only 109 CPA firms nationwide who audit more than 100 employee benefit plans annually.
- We audit 5 of the largest private foundations in OC.
- We have the largest estates and trusts tax planning department among local CPA firms.
- We have committed to giving 1% of our firm’s gross revenues to local charities every year. Since its formation in 2007, our charitable giving committee has donated over $1 million to local charities.