Dean Smith, CPA
Audit & Accounting Partner
Dean Smith joined Wright Ford Young & Co. in 2012. As an audit and accounting partner, Dean participates in managing the audit practice, including oversight of the department’s quality control policies and procedures. Dean also enjoys spending the majority of his time working directly with clients.
- Audit and Assurance
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Bank Financing
- Due Diligence
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Wholesale and Retail
- Professional Services organizations
- Private Foundations
Dean began his career in public accounting upon obtaining his Bachelor of Science degree from Eastern Illinois University in 1979. Dean spent over 27 years of his career at McGladrey, LLP, holding titles from staff accountant through partner.
Dean has focused his practice on closely held and middle market companies in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, distribution, construction, healthcare, hospitality and professional services. He also has extensive experience with audits of employee benefit plans and has been involved as an instructor at internal continuing education programs on the topic.
- BS, Eastern Illinois University
- Certified Public Accountant (CA and IL)
- AICPA certified in Advanced Defined Contribution Employee Benefit Plans
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- MGI North America
- WFY representative to the AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
Dean is married and has resided in Southern California since 1996. Dean enjoys attending sporting events, concerts, cooking and an occasional round of golf when time allows.
Dean has participated in various community service activities including serving on not-for-profit boards, serving as financial secretary and council member at his church and coaching youth sports programs.